Blueberry Lemon Crisp Protein Bars
Great for a pre or post work out snack...this can be adjusted for lower sugar (reduce maple agave) and higher protein (depending on type of protein powder you use).
- 3 cups Gluten Free Sprout & Shine Cereal (brown rice crispy cereal), Back to Nature
- 1/3 - 1/2 maple agave pancake syrup (or agave)
- 1/2 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup roasted & unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Garden of Life Raw Plant Protein, Smooth Vanilla)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Place parchment paper in 8x8 baking dish. In large bowl, combine nut butter & agave & place in microwave until almond butter is melted & you can mix them together (30 seconds at a time). Add remaining ingredients & mix well. Place mixture in baking dish and with another piece of parchment paper, press down firmly so that mixture is even & will hold together. Keep in refrigerator for a few hours so it can set and then cut into bars or squares.
This makes 12 bars