Quinoa & Black Beans
This dish is so simple and packed with protein & fiber. Perfect for a cold winter day...
Serves 4-8 (depending on whether you use as a side dish or stand alone meal)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. chopped or minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock (may also use vegetable broth)
- 1 cup frozen, organic corn
- 1 can black beans (preferably organic in a BPA-Free can)
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in pan & cook onion & garlic until lightly browned.
2. Place quinoa (rinsed) & broth, along with onion & garlic mixture in pot over medium heat. Once boiling, lower heat & cover until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in frozen corn and continue to simmer until cooked, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the black beans until mixed well & heated.